Options For Joining Our Team
Project Engineer – Oil & Gas/Industrial Initiative Detroit
The Project Engineer will contribute to and take lead on the technical/engineering aspects of midstream and downstream oil and gas pipeline, terminal and refinery projects from the permitting and design phases through the commissioning phase. Projects may also include other heavy industrial or power facilities with Heavy Civil, Mechanical and Structural tasks. Work includes front end studies, project development, cost estimates, detailed design, and construction support of gathering and transmission pipelines in the oil and gas industry. Candidate will be assigned as the Project Engineer for design and construction projects and as Project Manager as required. Duties will include maintaining and promoting a focus on MSG final deliverables through development of quality products in a proactive fashion. Candidate will ensure effective communications with other team members and be directly involved in the preparation of planning, design and construction support deliverables.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist team in project development and client interaction for new project start up.
• Serve as project engineer on Industrial and Energy related design and construction projects, monitoring performance from budget, quality and schedule standpoint.
• Assist in all phases of project design including calculations and analysis to correctly design, site/civil features including drainage, pavement, utilities, traffic control and signage, and site grading.
• Collaborate with project team sharing technical guidance, identification of industry standards and set quality expectations.
• Prepare cost estimates incorporating material, equipment, and labor costs in both congested and non-congested environments.
• Develop specifications and drawings for construction.
• Prepare bid documents for material, equipment and construction.
• Review vendor drawings and bids to determine compliance with specifications.
• Consult with construction support personnel concerning design constructability as related to field conditions, sequencing and scheduling of construction activities.
• Interface with the client’s technical personnel on specific project design items or tasks.
• Provide technical support and engineering services during construction.
• BS in Engineering with 5-10 years’ experience in engineering and construction in the pipeline industry. Civil, Mechanical, Petroleum or related field.
• Ability to prepare detailed engineering documents and specifications.
• Working knowledge of pipeline modeling software.
• Familiarity with local and federal pipeline and petroleum safety regulations.
• Experience with permitting at the local and state level (Federal/FERC permitting experience a plus).
• Ability to lead execution of work and resolve issues in a team environment.
• Ability to complete assignments that require independent work.
• Ability to identify problems and seek solutions from experienced engineers.
• Previous experience with Energy or Gas Company preferred.
• Professional Engineer’s License preferred. Required Skills:
• Strong communication skills (meetings, reporting, presentations).
• Capable of delegating work tasks to individuals and teams.
• Capable of preparing scope of work documents.
• Capable of participating in sales presentations as a technical expert.
Why Work Here?
Talented and dedicated professionals combined with the comprehensive services they provide are the foundational culture of MSG. Opportunity, development and growth are encouraged and cultivated along with honesty, integrity and professionalism in our thoughts and actions. Achievement of success through working smarter, technical skill and creative spirit.
- Community Engagement
- Diversity Inclusion
- Awards & Recognition
- Catalytic Coaching